Home > About Us > History & Heritage

History & Heritage


milestone1.jpg


Tanjong Katong Girls' School (TKGS) was established on 12 January 1953 with 7 classes totalling 250 pupils and 10
teaching staff. We were the first post-war government English girls' school built in colonial Singapore.

TKGS was one of the four schools selected in 1983 to start the Music Elective Programme. In 1989, we started receiving
ASEAN scholars. In 1995, we gained autonomous status and moved to our new premises in Dunman Lane.