Code of Conduct
- I will show respect for national symbols. I will sing the National Anthem and say the Pledge.
- I will show respect for those in authority and not be rude or defiant towards them.
- I will care for fellow schoolmates. I will be courteous and show respect for others through my words and actions. Regardless of the circumstances, I will not bully others, hurt or frighten others using authority, strength or words, whether in face-to-face interactions, in cyberspace or telecommunications online.
- I will avoid using vulgarities in any context (whether in speech, writing, sms or online).
- I will abide by the CA/Examination Instructions to Candidates. I will not cheat in tests and examinations (e.g. bringing notes, copying from others, allowing others to copy from me, tampering with marks).
- I will not forge Medical Certificates or signatures for permissions letters or acknowledgement forms.
- I will use my handphone and other electronic devices (e.g. MP3 player) only at designated areas (Foyer, Void Deck, Art Gallery and Canteen), or unless with a teacher’s consent and in her/his presence. I understand and accept that the penalty for breaking this rule is the confiscation of my handphone or electronic device by the school. I will be responsible for the safe-keeping of such devices if I bring them to school.
- Outside of school, I will be mindful that I am an ambassador of the school and behave in a way that upholds my school’s honour and reputation.
I will carry myself in dignity and self-respect. I will adopt a good posture and sit properly at all times.
- I will wear my school uniform with pride, whether I am within or outside the school premises.
- Home attire is not allowed unless prior permission has been granted.
- I will respect the school’s guidelines on uniform and not make modifications to it.
- The TKGS uniform is a green-striped short sleeved blouse with shirt collar and dark green pinafore.
- During school vacation, I may wear the TKGS PE/Class/House/CCA T-shirt instead of the blouse under the pinafore.
- The pinafore should be mid knee-length.
- My school belt should be fastened with hook and bar through the hoops on both sides of the pinafore.
School Badges & Name-tags
- I will wear the school badge at all times on the left side of my pinafore.
- I will wear my name tag above the school badge at all times within school premises. My name tag must bear my registered name and not be defaced.
Shoes and socks
- My shoes should be all-white, and worn with white socks, clearly visible.
- Allowances may be made for a thin coloured stripe above the sole, and for small coloured logos.
- I will wear my hair neatly, ensuring that my fringe does not touch my eyebrows. If I have long hair below the collar, I will tie it up neatly. If I have a long fringe, I will pin it up securely.
- I will not dye or tint my hair.
- I will only wear hair accessories (e.g. hair-band) that are solid black in colour.
Jewellery and accessories
- I will not wear jewellery, other than an identical pair of gold/silver ear-studs/earrings of simple design on the earlobes, or in its place, transparent and colourless ear-sticks.
- I will not wear any other accessories (e.g. friendship band, wrist band, nose studs).
- My fingernails will be clean and trimmed, and will not extend beyond my fingertips when seen with my palms facing up.
- I will not wear any nail polish or varnish on my fingernails.
- I will not wear any make-up, Henna designs or tattoos.
- If I have to wear a sweater or cardigan to school, I will wear the TKGS Hoodie or approved CCA jackets.
- If I do not own these, I may also wear a sweater or cardigan that is in 1 colour (white, black or navy blue) with minimal design.